North West London, London
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + car or allowance
about 1 year ago
Job title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
We're looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our established team and work across our exciting client list.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will:
* Embrace all company systems and processes, including our market leading in-house work management software, F0CUS.
* Understand and implement the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices to record change etc.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company health & Safety procedures, work instructions and the Contract Management System.
* In conjunction with the relevant project manager/team member, be accountable for development of an appropriate commercial strategy for all projects to ensure delivery of both our own and our client's goals, as well as produce and provide accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value.
* Confidently manage commercial risk and cashflow on allocated projects.
* Liaise with the client, client representative and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including working towards solutions.
* Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and current.
* Track budget and tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted with appropriate commentary and mitigation.
* Be accountable for the activities of quantity surveying staff reporting directly into you. This includes mentoring junior members of the team and providing advice and guidance to other members of the team.
* Provide commercial advice and guidance to other members of the team.
* Ensure that sub-contractors and supply chain accounts are managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions.
In addition, the ideal candidate will:
* Have a degree in Quantity Surveying.
* Hold membership of a relevant professional body, such as RICS.
* Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills, as well as having advanced Microsoft office skills.
* Have substantial previous experience in quantity surveying within a relevant business environment.
* Have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and have previous experience of managing project commercial performance.
* Have sound working knowledge of construction and contract law.
* Have detailed knowledge and understanding of term contracts.
* Be a good decision maker who copes well under pressure.
* Have excellent presentation skills.
* Be able to communicate effectively upstream and downstream.
* Be able to build client relationships and identify and grow a portfolio of works.