Up to £21.98 per hour
about 1 month ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Engineering & Quality Manager, the Senior Quality Engineer will primarily focus on the establishment of Process capability through the deployment of APQP methods. The QE will focus on identified areas and processes, leading to activities that will support significant project goals, reduce cost of Quality and minimise risks to the business.
- Support the evaluation, co-ordination and monitoring of achieved levels of conformity
- Creation of process flow charts
- Develop project / programme PFMEA's
- Creation of Process Control plans
- Conduct Measurement systems analysis (MSA)
- Implement Process capability studies via SPC and identify corrective / improvement action(s).
- Facilitate 8D process within key business stakeholders (RCCA).
- Provide support, advice and guidance through the use of the Quality tools & methodologies
- Implement data standardisation across business systems, from a quality perspective
- Capture improvements through Standard Operating Instructions (SOI's).
- Deliver effective report-out wrt project delivery i.e. Weekly SOFT report
- Manage risk and opportunity within project scope and escalate where required
- Support project reviews and senior reviews as required
Qualifications and Skills - Formal Qualifications
- Aerospace Background / experience (Minimum of 5 years)
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.