Our client is a large engineering consultancy. This role is a great opportunity to deliver a professional quality management service from a "client side" perspective, providing quality oversight and guidance to support successful project delivery.
These roles will require the candidate to be based around 3 days a week on site and the client will reimburse the cost of accommodation and travel.
To determine the level of compliance within Engineering Services, Projects, ISO 9001 and any Customer Specified Requirements. This role is predominantly based in the Plymouth area but must be prepared to travel, sometimes at short notice, within the UK and overseas.
- To manage the Quality Assurance functions with assigned project
- Engaging with and providing support to Projects at an early stage to define appropriate quality requirements.
- Raising awareness of quality principles and the business quality management system across project and supply chain.
- Interfacing with and providing advice to Project Management, Engineering and construction Disciplines on project Quality related matters.
- Providing supervision of, guidance and support to Quality Engineers and other Quality team members assigned to support your project tasks.
- Attend identified meetings, representing the Quality Assurance Group, providing support to the business acting as the Subject Matter Expert for quality related issues.
- Reviewing and mark-up Quality related documents such as Inspection & Test Plans & Quality Management Plans, and support contractors in their development
- Providing advice to suppliers and subcontractors on producing the required Life Time
- Records (LTRs) and undertake reviews to provide assurance that the records meet specified requirements
- Ensure that all handover documentation is prepared & maintained on an ongoing basis to enable work package completion in a timely manner.
- Assisting in the investigation / resolution of problems / issues and improvements.
- Define non-conformities arising from internal and external audit, and informing managers concerned to enable corrective actions to be formulated, assessed, monitored to completion and verified.
- Programme, plan and execute approval assessment and monitoring audits of projects, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Supporting ongoing efforts to raise the quality and delivery capability of the suppliers and contractors.
- Produce / review with projects quality related metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Performing timely review of Inspection and Surveillance reports content for discrepancies and actions, following Inspection activities.
- Provide professional Quality support in the review of Risk Assessments / Method Statements (RAMS) when Quality deliverables are defined/required.
- Performing inspection of products and work where SQEP to do so, ensuring that the documentation identified meets those requirements requested and that there is correlation between the documentation and the component.
- Preparing good written reports for Inspections, audits and submit regular project Quality updates as determined by the project team
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of QA/QC principles and their application to suppliers and project delivery
- Competent in handling complex rapidly changing situations independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of acting competently, decisively, and quickly on Quality related issues.
- Thorough knowledge of the quality system requirements of ISO 9001.
- Good working knowledge of computer-based systems, such as Microsoft Office.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Nuclear sector experience preferred
- ISO9001:2015 trained Auditor (Registered Lead Auditor preferred)
- Must be able to obtain security clearance to at least SC level.
- Experience delivering quality on major infrastructure contracts
Interested? Please send your CV