North West England, England
9 months ago
Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Lancashire based, Commutable from St Helens, Skelmersdale, Wigan, Bolton, Burnley, Manchester, Liverpool, widnes, bury
Salary: Negotiable DOE + Benefis
An opportunity has arisen for Quality Engineer within a specialised manufacturer in the NW. Reporting to the Quality Manager, this role is the chance to join a established team and be at the forefront of change, improvement and growth of this established manufacturing.
- Manage Key Customer concerns: Structured Problem solving, working closely with Process Engineers with regards to 8D ownership from start to speedy resolution, protecting the customer at all times.
- Investigate and implement corrective action for Daily Internal Quality Concerns
- Full understanding of FMEA, APQP, PPAP, Control Plans & Quality Standards to AIAG guidelines & IATF (TS) requirements.
- Performing & reporting MSA studies.
- Customer / Supplier liaison.
- Auditing to TS / IATF - Systems, Process, Product, Supplier (VDA 6.3 audit experience would be an advantage)
- Supporting continuous improvement projects
- Production support at all times.
- To review quality data and assess all findings against internal/external customer specifications and determine and deliver subsequent actions
- Study of Process Deviations and Non-Conforming Products to improve quality and efficiency
- Analyse production and business data to monitor business performance, reporting Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPI), including reject ppm (parts per million), reject COPQ (cost of poor quality)
- Liaise with other departments and functions ensuring all internal/external customer needs are met
- Promote a culture of quality & continuous improvement
- Minimum HNC/HND qualified engineer or time served professional with a minimum of five years' experience in a similar Quality Engineer role within an automotive company.
- Working Knowledge of IAFT 16949 / ISO 9001
- Working Knowledge of SPC, FMEA, MSA trials, audits, APQP, PPAP, ISIR, 8D problem solving, Ishikawa diagrams, control plans etc.
- World Class Lean Manufacturing Tools
- Good knowledge and experience of using (programming) precision measurement equipment (manual & computer controlled)
- Full and working understanding of root cause analysis and CAPA
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of managing teams for improvement
- General computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Green Belt/ Black belt Six Sigma training or understanding (Desirable)
- Use of Minitab software (Desirable)
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.