£0.00 - £65000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor based either in Ipswich or Chelmsford
You will accurately value, certify and issue any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract. Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date, taking full responsibility for the projects cash position. Complete JPI reports, ensuring they accurately reflect the current position on site and the final profit projection.
A Senior Quantity Surveyor will also be managing, training and developing our commercial team. You will correctly identify and prepare contractual notices for all events and administer the main contract conditions accordingly. You will also promote strong teamwork between all disciplines within the business.
We strive to build and establish excellent working relationships with our supply chain, consultants and clients where appropriate, this will enable you to identify any potential disputes in a timely manner to your line manager and then implement effective resolutions.
You will work closely with the project team and commercial manager to achieve or exceed budgeted targets for your project.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Our Client and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
* A track record of successful procurement.
* Re-measurement of high risk packages and key trades.
* A detailed knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
* A full successful track record in leading financial management and cost control on projects.
* A high level of organisation and achieving deadlines.
* Technical knowledge and understanding.
* Experience in tender single and two stage.
* Experienced in all forms of contracts.
* Appropriate CSCS card.
* Valid driving licence.
Base out of Chelmsford
Salary Up to £65K, car, Pension, Healthcare