Manchester, Greater Manchester
£21000.00 - £21500.00 per annum + pension, bonus
3 months ago
A global leisure brand is recruiting a Senior Purchase Ledger Administrator on a 12 month fixed term contract as part of maternity cover.
Reporting into the Purchase Ledger Supervisor, this is one of two Senior Purchase Ledger Administrators who take responsibility for the day to day processing of payment runs, P/L account reconciliations and CHAPs payments together with helping more junior members of the team with day to day queries and their broader development.
The department is focussing on improving processes and creating efficiencies in readiness for the implementation of a new finance system, so the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a natural aptitude for continuous improvement and have ideas about how to keep a transactional processing team engaged and developed.
The key responsibilities of the post are to:
- Accurately process purchase invoices within Great Plains to the appropriate supplier account for Group invoices.
- Process and run weekly payment runs plus fortnightly overseas payments
- Manage payment schedules for special items
- Raise ad-hoc payments.
- Update cash books with payment runs and manual cheque payments.
- Reconcile supplier accounts.
- Liaise with internal and external customers to deal effectively and efficiently with queries and information requests.
- Ensure purchase ledger processes comply with SOx controls.
- Allocate DD and manual payments.
- Reconcile the purchase ledger control account.
- To review the wrong way balance report and take appropriate action to clear the balances.
This is a great opportunity to join a busy and friendly team in an organisation which provides a terrific context for a talented purchase ledger professional.