North West England, England
Up to £22000.00 per annum
23 days ago
Leading North West football club Manchester United are looking to recruit a Senior Purchase Ledger Administrator to join their finance team in Old Trafford on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Purchase Ledger Supervisor you will take responsibility for the day to day processing of; payment runs, Purchase Ledger account reconciliations and CHAPs payments together with helping more junior members of the team with day to day queries and their broader development.
The department is focusing on improving processes and creating efficiencies in readiness for the implementation of a new P2P system, so the ideal candidate will need to show signs of continuous improvement and the ability to keep a transactional processing team engaged.
- Accurately process purchase invoices within Great Plains to the appropriate supplier account for MU Group invoices.
- Process and run weekly payment runs plus fortnightly overseas payments
- Manage payment schedules for special items such as players image rights
- Raise ad-hoc payments.
- Update cash books with payment runs and manual cheque payments.
- Reconcile supplier accounts.
- Liaise with internal and external customers to deal effectively and efficiently with queries and information requests.
- Ensure purchase ledger processes comply with SOx controls.
- Allocate DD and manual payments.
- Reconcile the purchase ledger control account.
- To review the wrong way balance report and take appropriate action to clear the balances.
The successful Senior Purchase Ledger Administrator will have demonstrated experience in a Senior Purchase Ledger position, with experience processing payment runs and looking after month end tasks.
In return, the Business offers fantastic benefits including a competitive pension scheme as well as free onsite lunch and various discounts across MUFC sponsors and partners.