St. Albans, Hertfordshire
21 days ago
Senior Public Health Engineer (Contract)
My client is currently seeking a Contract Public Health Engineer to be based in St Albans.
You will support major design and construction projects by performing mechanical engineering analysis and design, establishing project design requirements, agreeing design criteria and estimating assumptions, directing design consultants, supporting construction and commissioning efforts, interfacing with client's customers, consultants, and construction firms.
The ideal candidate will need to be either immediately available or 1 week notice.
Drafting, modelling & reporting:
* Provide support at all stages of the design process on related projects - In particular bring specialist insight into the concept design stage to ensure the subsequent design stages are developed with a winning strategy and appropriate level of innovation.
* Be conversant with Revit/ 3D drawing production and be able to interrogate a model and help resolve coordination issues.
* Public Health design of domestic hot & cold water services and above-ground drainage, Fire Protection systems, automatic controls and related Public Health utility systems as assigned.
* Preparation of public health design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents.
* Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages.
* Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
* The successful candidate will be chartered or ideally be working towards Chartership though not essential for the right candidate, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. This role will suit someone with a building services degree, who is enthusiastic & self-motivated.
* Professional membership (MCIBSE).
* Relevant experience in design and delivery of projects within the consulting industry
* Ideally you will have a track record in the design of public health systems on a variety of building projects, i.e. retail, mixed-use developments, hospitality, healthcare, offices and industrial etc.
* A good understanding and use of public health design software
* Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
* A Bachelor's Degree in Building Services Engineering or related subject
* Engineering accreditation (CEng or equivalent) would be advantageous