6 months ago
2 year FTC
Senior Propulsion Performance and Control Engineer
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Duration: 2 years +
We are looking to recruit a Senior Propulsion Performance and Control Engineer to work on a new fighter aircraft programme for our leading defence client in Ankara, Turkey. This will initially be for a two year fixed term contract, but is likely to extend to four years. If successful, you will receive a generous benefits package, including accommodation.
The main purpose of this role is to provide engineering expertise in propulsion performance and control to design and develop an air vehicle to meet programme, business and customer requirements.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for propulsion performance and control through to preliminary design maturity. Accountable to the Propulsion Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead
- Provide knowledge, understanding, direction and best practice to achieve programme
- Customisation of engine performance and control parameters according to Air Vehicle requirements including:-
- Requirements capture and management
- Engine definition, operating envelope, trade studies and specification
- System analysis, safety analysis, modelling and simulation
- Systems integration at Air Vehicle level; Interface with Airframe Design
- Qualification, certification and verification planning
- Support development of plans, programmes and statements of work
- Deliver work to agreed time, cost and quality. Report progress and raise issues to manager
- Lead and contribute to meetings and present work to customer, management and other stakeholders
- Operate under the governance of the Chief Engineer and appropriate company procedures
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).