Up to £0.00 per annum
2 months ago
Great opportunity to work for a global leading LNG Company as a Senior Projects Legal Counsel. This will be a permanent position for next 3 years.
About this job
My client is looking for a senior project lawyer with ambition to work in major oil and gas projects in Qatar for a fixed term of 3 years. Such lawyer should provide legal advice in relation to the company and its operated ventures' projects and on related contractual relationships with projects sponsors, EPC contractors, licensors, bidders and suppliers.
1. Provide Legal advice on legal and contractual issues referred by the General Counsel or his/her supervisor.
2. Draft, review and negotiate contracts on behalf of the company and its operated ventures, and ensure that requisite corporate governance procedures are met with respect to contractual arrangements.
3. Develop standard agreements and protocols for use by the wider Legal Department.
4. Carry out such other duties as requested by his/her supervisors.
5. Provide legal training to junior members of the Legal Department and to other departments within the organization.
* Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB)
* Must hold a current practicing certificate preferable in a Commonwealth Jurisdiction
* At least 5 years' relevant experience in oil and gas projects, preferably gained through working with multi-national companies and/or top tier international law firms.
* Able to demonstrate excellent communication and drafting skills in the English language. Arabic not essential but would be beneficial.
* Strong negotiation skills, with good experience of negotiating commercial agreements.
* Able to work independently with minor supervision, with the ability to manage and prioritize workload.