Senior Project Procurement Manager
Aerospace and Defence
0161 707 1516
28 days ago
Title: Senior Project Procurement Manager
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
The key objective of this role is to support the successful delivery of the major defence contract through leading and driving the procurement and supply chain activities through the project life cycle (demonstration, manufacture, and in-service phases).
This role requires an in-depth experience of Project Procurement, preferably with knowledge and experience of Defence Programmes and the UK Supplier base in this domain (Electrical & electronic systems, raw materials, metalwork, machining, and fabrication).
Taking specific functional responsibilities within the overall programme for the delivery of timely Procurement activities to support the development of solutions, creation of competition, delivering UK content that demonstrates value for money.
- Be a key part of the project management team to meet the operational and strategic procurement needs of the Project.
- Lead the procurement work package within the project and manage the effective deployment of Procurement processes and contribute to the development of Procurement policy and processes for the defined area of responsibility.
- Sets direction and be responsible for the delivery of the procurement plan. Specific responsibilities as a senior manager within the function to discharge procurement requirements through the full life cycle of the business
- Engaging as part of the Procurement Management Team to align functional objectives with overarching business strategies and deliver agendas as defined by the business
- Management and leadership responsibility for a team of skilled procurement professionals, group leaders and managers including Strategic and Operational Procurement staff
- Ensuring people are skilled, competent and empowered to meet the functional and business objectives
- Providing an excellent internal customer experience, through functional and supplier performance and embedding a culture of continuous improvement
- Promoting a one-team approach across all sites whilst maintaining collaborative relationships with the parent companies of the Joint Venture, customers and partners
- Creating an environment that is oriented towards the highest ethical standards, trust, open communication and creative thinking
- Championing performance and quality within the supply chain
- Financial budget responsibility as delegated by the Project Programme Manager.
- Experienced Project Procurement Professional able to operate in a brown-field scenario and drive timely and cost-effective project procurement activities.
- Definition of Key Performance Indicators and producing effective methods of data capture to support their generation.
- Ability to work in a multinational organisation, collaborate and develop with international colleagues the best Procurement solutions for the Joint-Venture and contribute to the wider Procurement organisation's desire to develop Global Category Management.
- MCIPS or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of major defence programmes
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on / 01617-.071-.516