3 months ago
Senior Project Planner
To work as a Project Planner or Senior Project Planner (depending upon experience) - to develop robust delivery schedules with Critical Path and with clear Milestones at appropriate levels in line with client requirements. Developing fully resourced programmes and maintain on a monthly basis - being in Control of Change both anticipated and actual within the programme.
To support the growth of the Project Controls team by ensuring collaborative working with the team and delivering work to the correct standards expected of this role and seniority.
1. Programme and Project Scheduling - Able to undertake planning of major construction projects both in a Client environment and working alongside Project Managers to include all aspects of the service including defining Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), development of activity durations and logic, application of PERT techniques and network diagrams.
2. Training, software, system set-up and implementation support - Increasing the maturity of our approach to Schedule Management by helping augment training programmes, advice on software platforms, and building and operating the schedule management service.
3. Leadership skills - Able to facilitate and lead on the development of schedules with Stakeholders at all levels.
4. Software Skills - Able to use leading industry standard software and tools such as Primavera P6, ASTA Power Project, Microsoft Project and interfacing the aforementioned with Microsoft Excel.
5. Business Development - Internal networking to develop new business and bid support to respond to external Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
6. Analyse Programmes - Review and analyse the contractor's schedules submitted for acceptance and provide the required recommendation to the project team.
Specific Skills Required
Knowledge of how (and when) to deliver high quality programmes that will withstand close scrutiny.
The ability to work efficiently and swiftly in the development of programmes.
Awareness of Collaboration techniques to improve the quality and delivery time of the programme development.
Good working knowledge of NEC3 contracts or similar.
Significant experience with:
* Primavera software (P6)
* MS Excel
* MS Project
Specific industry and project experience:
* Civil Engineering
* Light Rail (Tram)
* Oil & Gas
* Ports & Marine
Able to work in a Client office as required.
Please send CV