Up to £0.00 per annum
9 months ago
My client are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with them as they invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety. When you work with them, youre helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
As the Senior Project Manager for the Oxford to Cambridge Expressway, This role will be based within our highly successful Major Projects Directorate under our growing National Infrastructure Programme division which offers excellent career progression opportunities.
Based in Bedford, successful candidate will manage and lead the planning and delivery of this high profile complex project, managing the performance of project teams, external contractors and consultants to ensure successful delivery of agreed project outcomes and acting in line with mandatory and delegated responsibilities. The post holder will maintain focus on the three imperatives of Health Safety and Wellbeing, Customer Service and Delivery.
Day to Day:
* Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Project Director and other key internal and external stakeholders, to ensure full mutual understanding of the projects' strategic and delivery objectives
* Ensure adherence to effective governance, quality assurance, health and safety, technical and specialist standards across the supply chain
* Report on and review project performance, and to agree solutions that resolve complex issues
* Ensure full compliance with my clients Portfolio, Programme and Project Management System (P3MS), clarifying roles and responsibilities within the project delivery team, creating high quality baseline management products, producing timely and accurate reports, and creating and maintaining specified records
* Lead the design of, agree and implement project plans, to ensure that all activities are appropriately organised to deliver project objectives, are appropriately resourced to deliver the required outcomes, and comply with P3MS and locally defined procedures
* Contribute to the development of robust business cases, to clarify business benefits, quantify resource requirements and identify project interdependencies
* Manage the contractor and consultant contracts, being the main point of contact into the client organisation within a collaborative environment
* Manage, lead and motivate the Project management team to ensure effective performance is delivered and to support their personal development
* Promote continuous improvement and innovation across the project and programme team to ensure that work is conducted in manner that takes into consideration wider stakeholders, political nuance and the long-term strategic aims of Highways England
* Plan and manage own CPD to ensure continuing development of Project Management skills and awareness and understanding of industry best practices
* Proven track record of managing teams to successful development of complex, medium/high risk projects or high profile projects
* Proven track record of managing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
* Proven track record of managing business and/or value management cases for new projects through company defined governance, review and approval gates
* Proven track record of managing and maintaining agreed project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners
* Proven track record experience of managing the development of project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners
* Proven strong evidence of commercial skills with proven ability to negotiate and manage contracts to deliver outcomes and drive value for money