7 months ago
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGERS X 5 - NUCLEAR NEW BUILD, BRIDGWATER (CONTRACT)
Morson International are working with a key player in the Nuclear Sector who have a requirement for five (5) Senior Project Managers to be part of the SDP (Site Delivery Project) Team for the Nuclear New Build at Hinkley Point C. These are ongoing contract positions and competitive rates are on offer to suitably qualified and experienced applicants.
Nature and Scope:
* The nature of the role is to provide leadership to ensure the effective delivery of activities in the programme, while recognising and managing the impacts of the programme on the wider Project.
* The Senior Project Manager will apply a project management approach to activities relating to ensure all activities are delivered safely, to quality, budget and schedule.
* The Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of a specific set of activities to time, cost, safety and quality.
* Leadership is crucial as the Senior Project Manager will be required to establish and lead diverse project team members to deliver activities within their programme. Key resources will need to be identified, requested and clear roles and responsibilities will need to be communicated.
* The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for setting up and managing a near term work plan to drive the delivery of work on a week by week basis, setting up and compliance with a budget for their areas of activity development and operation of a risk log challenging any increase in costs and developing options to reduce cost, establishing and managing the interfaces between their work scope and the work of the other project managers, setting up and operating the quality plan and the change control for their contracts.
* Degree and chartered status in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
* Knowledge and / or practitioner of Project Management with experience of applying either APM body of knowledge and OGCs Prince 2.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) and Health and Safety at Work act.
* Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
* Demonstrate success in managing / developing:
* Engineering design, contract and field execution strategies for project delivery,
* Multi-discipline EPCM projects,
* Procurement and management of complex contracts,
* Control of costs risk schedule and change and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools,
* Close out of commercial claims and the associated negotiations.
* Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools.
* Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment. Including NEC or FIDIC contracts.
* Strong numerical and analytical skills.
* Can demonstrate experience of managing project through the project lifecycle from concept to handover
* Understanding the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled.
* Nuclear experience, working within a regulated, licenced environment
* Membership of an appropriate professional institution would be an advantage