We’re pleased to present the opportunity to join Urenco as a Senior Project Manager. Based at our Capenhurst location you’ll become part of a high profile senior project management team, focused on full lifecycle delivery on complex projects across the Urenco estate.
Urenco is a trusted, long-term supplier to the nuclear industry, specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services. As demand in our sector increases, we are creating career opportunities and growth across our teams.
For us, a happy and engaged workforce is vital to our sustainability. Our aim is to recruit and retain talented people who can help us deliver outstanding customer service and achieve long term commercial success.
Join us on our journey, front and centre, to a net zero future.
What will your day look like? To provide and enhance Urenco’s project delivery capabilities across a global footprint stretching over four operational sites and a number of business activities Embedded within Group Projects the Senior Project Manager provides excellence the in delivery of capital projects. The position covers the full project lifecycle from project set up / initiation, through to project delivery stages and closure.
Urenco Group’s global project portfolio of small and medium projects accumulating up to €100 million annual capex Select projects ranging from €50 million to in excess of €500 million.
DIRECT REPORTS On a typical project assignment:
Ranging from 5 to 20 (varying levels from blue collar to MSc, some PhD level educated)
INDIRECT REPORTS On a typical project assignment:
Up to 300 (contractor)
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITY Full accountability to deliver assigned project to budget
OTHER DIMENSIONS This role has multiple stakeholders, internal and external customers, as it is interfacing directly across the Urenco Group Consequentially the ability and availability to travel to and work in several locations is required.
ORGANISATIONAL & JOB CONTEXT
The role forms part of Group Projects which is a Urenco Group Shared Service across all Business Units
The Senior Project Manager provides subject matter expert consulting and advice across Urenco Group’s project portfolio.
The Senior Project Manager may be assigned to one major, or a number of smaller, projects of considerable strategic significance to assume a direct delivery role.
• Actively promote a pro-active safety culture, and be a role model, throughout the project lifecycle and across the Group. Ensure Zero fatalities, OSHA, reportable events or Lost Time Incidents• Advise, consult, lead and provide feedback in the development and evolvement of the Group’s Project Delivery Strategy, aligned to deliver against the Group’s objectives and strategy across its capex portfolio
• Fit for purpose/fully compliant project management methodologies and working practices
• Across the Group’s capex portfolio (performance derived from Portfolio Reporting)
Delivery of Projects to the Business
• Overall responsibility for the delivery of Projects to meet safety, scope, cost, schedule and Business benefits objectives Communicate strategy, objectives and benefits to business unit and group whilst implementing the organisational strategy to achieve maximum business benefit
• Fit for purpose/fully compliant
• Across the Project lifecycle (performance derived from Project Reporting):
• Develop a high performance team, ensuring flawless integration of all sub-disciplines and functions throughout the project lifecycle
• Foster and enhance owner relationships with subcontractors and vendors
• Evidence that the project teams effectively drives value creation and capture
• Across the Project lifecycle (performance derived from Project Reporting): Urenco’s Commercial Position
• Ensure Urenco’s commercial position is robustly protected through the application of industry best practice in contracting strategies, supplier selection, procurement, contract negotiation and contract management
• Number/Effect of successful contractor claims against Urenco
• Cost and Schedule effects of Urenco initiated changes
• Across the Project lifecycle (performance derived from Project Reporting)
Good Practice Development
• Leveraging experience from a number of industry sectors and continuously scan the market for best practice, analysing developments and assessing how they can be exploited by Urenco to further value creation/delivery/capture/protection
What do you need to be great at this role?
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Educated to Degree level a relevant discipline
• Project Management Qualification / Accreditation such as APM or PMI E
• Min 5 years’ experience being fully accountable and actively leading EPC projects (or in an owner role) as a Project Manager
• Demonstrable experience being fully accountable for a complex, multi contract, multi-discipline project in the lead EPC role or an owner role
• Demonstrable experience across the entire project lifecycle, from concept development to hand-over
• On-site construction experience
• Min 5 years managing multi-cultural teams
• At least 3 years living and working outside your country of origin
• Demonstrable success in project delivery in multiple industries
SPECIFIC KNOW-HOW AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Ability to analyse project requirements and critical success factors and translate these into bespoke Delivery Strategies
• Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing strategies that successfully deliver project to Business objectives (safety, budget, cost, benefits)
• Experience of and be skilled in managing ambiguity and being confident to take accountability for delivering projects to the Business
• Experience of managing complex contractual relationships including the provision of free-issue materials, technology or IP, able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing suppliers to deliver within this context
• Demonstrable ability in building teams of highly performing professionals, communicating strategy and building a team accountable for the delivery of the project
• Solid knowledge of leading project management techniques
• Skilled in leading project teams to success with minimal supervision
• Technical background in engineering
• Extensive knowledge of the EPC contractor, major EPS and Construction supply markets and will have gained insights into their relative strengths and weaknesses and ability to leverage relationships with key members of supplier’s leadership teams to Urenco’s advantage
• Proven track record in managing contract delivery, protecting the owner’s contractual position at all times and preventing the likelihood of claims
• Conversant in business English
• Conversant in business language specific to role location
Ability to align multicultural team members around clear, common goals to successfully achieve project objectives, in roles ranging from oversight or “management by influencing” to active deliver
Driving for Results
Continuous drive to achieve and exceed challenging goals, bringing a restless desire to continuously improve
• Focus on Performance
Holding team members and contributors accountable to all standards of performance
What can you expect of us?
At Urenco we’re dedicated to offering flexible benefits that support our people across all aspects of their lives. We’re delighted to offer a range of benefits to support our employees’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- Annual leave of 27 days per annum.
- A diverse range of family friendly policies.
- A generous bonus scheme.
- A defined contribution pension scheme; with up to 16% employer’s contribution.
- Flexible benefits package; including life assurance and income protection. In addition, you’ll have an opportunity to purchase additional benefits that suit your lifestyle and take advantage of tax and NI savings.
- Education and training; we take pride in helping people learn and develop by supporting, accelerating and directing your learning. As well as the completion of mandatory health and safety courses, training packages will be offered to meet your specific needs.
Please be aware that this role is subject to SC level of security clearance and completion of a medical, drug and alcohol testing prior to start.
At Urenco, everyone is welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where we all have a voice, and you can feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.