Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum + negotiable
Rail Technical Team
5 months ago
Morson International are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager to join a large, high profile, infrastructure project based in the West Midlands.
Reporting to the Director of Rolling Stock and Depots, the role is responsible for leading the Rolling Stock Depot strategy and requirements for the project.
- Develop and refine the Rolling Stock maintenance depot strategy, including the role of the on-network depots and those associated with the Conventional Rail Network
- Project manage the development of the requirements for the depots
- Be accountable for the development and delivery of Rolling Stock depot projects on the CRN required to support delivery
- Be responsible for management of all approvals necessary to facilitate the progress of the Depot strategy and development of requirements, including writing papers as required and progress through required governance
- Act as the key interface between the Train Manufacturer for the Project, holding delegated authority within the limits as set by the company policy.
- Recruit and develop the Project team to manage the CRN Depot project(s) to ensure delivery to time, cost and quality as required.
- Lead the integrated team, including matrixed in team members from the Technical and Commercial directorates in addition to any supporting agency staff or consultants utilised in support.
- Work with the Director of Railway Operations and his team to ensure that the depot design meets the requirements of the Operational Concept in form and function.
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work. Support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
Ideally you will have knowledge and understanding of:
- Railway Operations and Depots
- Rail Vehicle Maintenance practices and principles
- Procurement, contract management , project and risk management principles
- Engineering principles