Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£425.00 - £525.00 per day
3 months ago
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager who has worked on large scale data projects and who has experience with Agile, Jira and Sprints.
1. Accountable for shaping the project to drive optimum delivery of outputs, including planning at the level appropriate to the complexity of the project, structuring and sequencing appropriate sets of tasks/activities.
2. Effectively builds and leads the project delivery team and oversees all suppliers, dependencies, milestones, and significant risks and issues in accordance with standards and guidelines, as described in the operating model and delivery life-cycles.
3. Monitors and reviews all project delivery budgets, costs, resourcing and drives governance arrangements to support appropriate reporting.
4. Manage risk, working with the business and using effective stakeholder management to agree common understanding to mitigate and reduce risk.
5. Maintains effective relationships with key customers and stakeholders, making sure effective and robust communication plans are agreed and in place.
6. Identifies and implements quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
7. Leads and inspires the team to maintain full engagement in meeting business objectives.
8. Manages and complies with company procedures to manage appropriate resources, communication strategies, training and competency.
9. Supports major business transformation programmes and drives delivery performance improvements across the portfolio and function, acting as Change Ambassadors for the Change and learning Network within Programme & Project Services.
* Significant proven track record in delivering projects of successful large scale and complex IT projects with an element of business change
* Significant experience in leading project management and delivery.
* Expert knowledge of project management principles, methods, techniques, tools and emerging trends.
* Significant experience in management of customer expectations, senior stakeholders and developing strong relationships across the business.
* Strong leadership skills, motivating and inspiring confidence in others.
* Proven track record in managing staff performance/under-performance and developing high performing staff and teams
* High levels of flexibility, adaptability and broad thinking.
* Proven track record in supplier management and commercial acumen
* Knowledge and experience of applying a range of delivery/ development life cycles, e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative
* Strong financial management skills including quality forecasting
* Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry or equivalent.
* Formal Programme/Project Management qualifications (e.g. APM/P - Certified Project Manager, Managing Successful Programmes, and Prince 2)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE IS INSIDE IR35