Senior Project Manager
Accountable for the day to day leadership and running of Projects and Programmes within EITS and associated Obsolescence project work stack along with the reporting and assurance into the wider Programme and across Business unit stakeholders.
Providing project leadership support to the Programme manager and the Head of Enterprise Change and Transformation in the execution of their roles
- Delivery management: A strong technical, business and digital delivery management background with demonstrated ability at transformation level scale to plan and implement project change in a fast-moving multi business and supplier environment.
- A senior multi industry accomplished individual whom is well experienced in delivering change through others, must have held Senior Project and preferably Programme roles previously: demonstrating ability to communicate, influence and gain agreement for ideas and proposals from a variety of stakeholders, including senior management and directors
- Delivering results: takes personal responsibility and holds others accountable for delivering our ambitious project goals, continually improving their own performance and that of their peers in the team/organisation
- Developing self and others: invests time and energy to effectively develop self and others to realise their full potential and to build the organisation's capacity for the future
The objective of the role is to provide the necessary project management, assurance and hands on project delivery across given inflight change initiatives to ensure that there is an accurate project(s) delivery Roadmap and also an integrated reporting picture across Business unit's approaches & plans to mitigate obsolescence risks. The role holder will provide additional leadership and ownership of the initiation and definition phases of the company lifecycle for the Projects and Programmes holding agreed authority from the process owner, ensuring all requirements of the process are captured and met to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
It is essential the individual is high calibre and proven at dealing with ambiguity, translating strategy into change and comfortable at operating at a fast cadence and naturally with conflicting work demands. The individual will need to engage and regular face off to C-Suite level stakeholders.
Core Duties (Key Day to Day Tasks)
- Typically leads and manages the delivery of large and complex projects with high business impact.
- Provides strong and effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers can take appropriate action to address issues.
- Works with multiple suppliers to define and manage project plans which will achieve the project goals and consequent business outcomes
- Identifies and effectively manages business drivers and project objectives to be delivered by the overall scope of work this may involve supporting the development of the business case with key stakeholders.
- Provides timely and concise project communications to stakeholders through formal and informal communication and reporting channels and including defining agenda, collating material and leading the Project Steering Boards. Needs to be able to translate complex information for different audiences
- Ensures project delivery adheres to LCM (Life Cycle Management) governance and assurance criteria.
- Identifies and proactively manages project level risks, issues, opportunities, dependencies and constraints.
- Effectively manages project change through the Programme Change Board
- Delivery across the project meets agreed objectives and is aligned with EITS standards/ policies. Issues are addressed / resolved in a timely manner.
- Leads business change to ensure adoption and realization of project benefits.
- Manages project costs and resources against agreed budgets, taking appropriate action for any overspends and providing accurate forecasts to project completion
- Accountable for the delivery of the project to time cost and schedule in accordance with business success criteria and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures Business benefits are tracked and delivered where applicable as part of project delivery
- Drives improvements in customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all project control systems have up to date high quality data relating to the project.
- Collaborates with PMO on knowledge transfer, lessons learned and simplification of project management processes, as appropriate, and as part of ongoing continuous improvement.
- Identifies and captures lessons learned as part of project closure.
- Participate in activities and function wide initiatives as a member of the EITS PPM Delivery Management function.
Interpersonal Skills (type of people skills required to perform the job)
The role holder will require:
- Will be required to lead and motivate teams
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in order to persuade and influence senior stakeholders
- Need to be able to translate complex information for different audiences
- Confidence to challenge the status quo through bold behaviours and provision of past experiences and reference models
- Sector: Project / Programme Management
- Contact: Phillip Reynolds
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Duration: 6 months
- Client: Morson Talent
- Expiry Date: 19 August 2021
- Job Ref: 191408PRY_1626768844
Senior Project Manager