about 1 month ago
Senior Project Manager - 12 month contract - Southampton
My client are a leading tier 1 contractor who specialise in building major project schemes across the Retail, Residential, Commercial and Hospitality sectors Nationwide. As such we require the services of a Senior Project Manager to oversee a 12 month defects contract on a legacy project my client has built within the last 10 years.
The project is a £6m shopping centre refurbishment, that requires external cladding replacement, roof repairs, potential water damage repairs and various other defects that have arisen over the last 10 years,
We require a Senior Project manager, preferably with an Engineering background or previous experience in a live shopping centre or city centre major project environment. There is the need to investigate various defects and implement a programme of works to resolve the issues that arise, There are various structural investigations also to be carried out hence the Engineering background being preferable.
This role would suit a Project manager / Director from a Structural background or similar, who wants to drive the project forward and who is genuinely enthusiastic about working against tight deadlines, whilst maintaining high health and safety on site and working with a testing end user.
* Oversee the project through to completion
* Support the operational, commercial and client teams, providing support where required
* Hands on, happy to get stuck in where required
* Structural Engineering background (Preferable)
* Preferably chartered status (not essential)
* Good IT and vocabulary skills
* Available for 12 months minimum
* Experience in Major projects or shopping centre environment.