Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
Senior Project Manager - PCM EA Grade 6 (PM1)
The Project Manager 1 role provides senior project management services within our Operational Teams on major projects and strategies, together with the Project Executive services to our programme of projects. This role also provides mentoring and support to junior project managers, where required.
The role of Senior Project Manager will be expected to undertake the following:
* Manage the delivery of medium to high risk multi-disciplinary projects within the constraints of an agreed budget, programme, and quality criteria, to achieve successful outcomes.
* Contribute to the development and delivery of the departmental business plan, providing professional / technical expertise to support operational priorities in line with legislation, Environment Agency policy and required environmental outcomes.
* Guide, advise and support team members to resolve local issues and incidents, so that decisions are made on sound technical grounds and in line with best practice and timeframes.
* Monitor progress of work, identify gaps in the delivery of priorities and take remedial action to enhance the service for the appropriate reallocation of time and effort.
* Identify and produce required documentation and reports to agreed quality standards to support operational work, management decisions, public enquiries, court appeals etc, so that information, evidence and Environment Agency interests are accurately and effectively presented.
* Contribute to the successful implementation of emergency plans, including acting as 'site controller' during incidents to deliver effective, timely and safe response to emergency incidents.
* Participate in or lead local projects and working groups to achieve well planned and managed integrated solutions that progress effective change and improvement in the organisation and support the best environmental outcomes.
* Seek to influence customers and build strong partnerships internally and externally to maintain a positive reputation, response and effective resolution of issues.
* Encourage and develop a safety conscious culture within the team to deliver work programmes without risk to the health & safety of the team or any other individual
* Provide leadership and mentoring to other Client staff where required.
Education, Professional Qualifications Requirements
The individuals proposed for the role of Project Manager 1 shall demonstrate:
* Minimum of six years' project management experience
* A project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or APM
* A relevant degree such as in civil engineering, environmental science or geography
* Strong history in both contract (NEC3 and 4) and project management.
* A member of a related professional body, preferably chartered
* A record of delivering complex, high-risk projects successfully including working on civil engineering projects.
* The ability to bring big-picture thinking that improves the methods, behaviours and processes.
* A full driving licence, as some travel is involved.
Expectations for this role
* Manages health, safety & wellbeing matters by actively promoting awareness and good practice and ensuring the provision of safe working practices in line with Environment Agency guidance. Roles at this level in this job family may be responsible for safety in a regulatory capacity.
* Promotes inclusion by respecting differences in our workforce and works to build a supportive & engaging workplace.
* Required to understand, influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders. Needs to understand the audience and communicate at the right level.
* Ensures work is consistently delivered to required standards and service levels while reflecting best practice ways of working.
* Understands, interprets and communicates the work and structure of the Environment Agency within the wider context based on knowledge and experience.