Up to £0.00 per annum + NEGOTIABLE
about 1 month ago
6 MONTHS +
Job Purpose Statement
Management of a portfolio of capital projects that will be delivered :
· Responsible for the management of identified projects throughout their full lifecycle from development through to final closeout
·Responsible for the delivery of outputs, incentive metrics and milestones in line with business targets. Effectively manage project risk and mitigate the impact of issues that may emerge
· Compliance with the SPEN Integrated management system and SPT Projects Project Quality Plan.
· Responsible for the correct management and administration of contracts
Develop accurate capital expenditure forecasts and output projections on assigned projects, with full accountability for project, contractual and financial governance. Contribute to the out-performance of the price control period by identifying, promoting and implementing innovation, efficiencies and value engineering
·Responsible for the creation, management and monitoring of project programmes
·Rsponsible, in conjunction with the construction team, for ensuring that construction sites are managed in a safe manner and that environmental risks are suitably mitigated. Access for continued maintenance and operational activities shall be maintained.
Promote and implement external and internal stakeholder engagement and community liaison for projects, including compliance with the SPEN Grantors Charter
·Responsible for the delivery a quality, documented and maintainable product to SPT Network Operations. Facilitate communications between SPT Projects and SPT Network Operations, ensuring that all project reviews, witness testing and handover is satisfactorily completed
· Ensure system data and final records for all assets are entered into the corporate systems in line with required policy and associated timescales
· Drive continual improvement by completing project and contract reviews, identifying lessons learned and sharing these with the wider business. Make proposals and introduce changes for best project management practice and behaviour across the wider project portfolio.
· Engineering degree qualified or equivalent experience
· Significant experience of managing electrical infrastructure projects
· Project management methodology experience or qualification
· Project risk management and control
· Procurement processes and procedures
· Contract management experience especially NEC, SPT D&C, JCT & FIDIC
· Financial control / forecasting
· Understanding of and able to implement quality assurance processes
· Health, safety and environmental legislation applicable to construction projects particularly CDM
· Team management skills
· Ability to devise solutions to complex problems and challenges.
Planning & Organising
You will be required to plan and organise the resourcing associated with the project delivery of your project(s). This will be over the duration of the project which in many cases will be over 2-5 years. In addition, there may be a requirement to provide (or source) resources from other departments.
You will be responsible for ensuring plans are developed to deliver Capital efficiency targets using standardised solutions, where applicable. This will involve closely working with the project development teams to influence and understand the efficiency targets at an early stage in the project life cycle
You will be expected to interface closely with Purchasing to support and propose purchasing strategies to deliver contract savings and reduce procurement and tender costs.