28 days ago
Senior Project Manager, Permanent, Gloucester
The Senior Project Manager sets the project execution strategy in agreement with the PPM and uses a cross functional project team to deliver a large, complex project, a programme of work or a portfolio of projects safely in line with company policies and procedures, achieving agreed goals and objectives. No direct reports.
As a Senior Project Manager your responsibilities will include:
* Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable technical, safety, environmental and quality standards, client procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
* Managing the performance of other Project Managers/Assistant Project Managers and taking responsibility for the delivery of either a large complex project, a programme or a small portfolio of projects
* Acting as coach and mentor to other Project Managers/Assistant Project Managers and helping them in developing their project management knowledge and experience
* Applying the company project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate baseline
* Securing, assigning and maintaining a team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project/programme of work, including specialist support staff
* Leading and coaching the team members creating a positive team working environment
* Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies
* Controlling Project Documentation through Document and Configuration Control
* Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form
* Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project/Programme Sponsor
To the Line Manager for:
* Delivering the project/programme of work in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Procedures and within the approved baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements
* Initiating change control with the Project/Programme Sponsor should the agreed outputs or success criteria be impacted by any changes
Qualifications and Experience
* Degree educated, ideally in engineering or related subject. Chartered engineer or equivalent professional qualification
* APMP formal Project Management qualification or equivalent
* Competency up to IPMA level B - Knowledge level 6 and Experience Level 6
* The Senior Project Manager must have a good, detailed understanding of a wide range of project management and programme management competencies and be able to evaluate and adopt them within a complex environment.
* Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of Safety Cases including how they are developed and implemented, relevant Health and Safety and Environment legislation including CDM and the actions required to achieve compliance along with a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.