Birmingham, West Midlands
£42000 - £48000 per annum + 24 Days Holiday, Pension, Life Assurance
Rail Technical Team
8 months ago
Our client are world leaders in asset management, engineering design and operational delivery, solving complex challenges for clients such as Network Rail.
They are seeking to recruit Senior Project Managers to work on a permanent basis to assist in the management of multidisciplinary or single projects.
What is the purpose of this role?
To act as bid manager on tenders for significant bid opportunities and take full responsibility for the management of quality, programme, cost and project contribution on the project for the Company. To manage major multidisciplinary or large single disciplinary projects and deliver or exceed the Company's agreed financial expectation for the project.
What will this role involve?
- Manage preparation of bids for design services including co-ordination of input from other design teams and sub consultants
- Preparation of method statements and programmes and tender presentations
- Manage projects in compliance with the Project Control System
- Set up programmes for project, update regularly and ensure that activity managers have sufficient capable resources to meet deadlines
- Forecast and monitor the financial performance of the project, giving regular (minimum monthly) reports, comparing actual and forecast performance to plan expectations and explaining variations
- Maintain detailed project records and the Project Management Workbook or other system for monitoring performance of projects
- Identify budgetary and programme issues that need to be addressed with the client
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental and other appropriate regulations
- Maintain and develop key client contacts to maximise future business opportunities
- Assist the Contract Manager with development of new business by involvement on key client management process, tendering and winning work
- MEng, BEng or equivalent CEng MICE or MIStructE Membership of APM
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with - MS Office suite and experienced in the use of project management software - MS Project, Primevera
- Knowledge of progression Financial Management System is an advantage
- Demonstrable relevant experience of civil engineering projects with significant experience in the management of design projects for consultants
Previous experience in the rail industry and knowledge of railways standards is essential in particular the design and construction of repairs, refurbishment or replacement of bridges, stations or other structures in an operational railway environment.