City of London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
4 months ago
- Provide support on technical issues associated with project delivery throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring project deliverables meet technical standards and quality requirements, are on time and budget.
- Undertake assigned Principal Designer responsibilities in accordance with CDM regulations for all design activities that will form part of or affect the final railway infrastructure
- Undertake technical assurance on all design activity by main works and enabling works contractors
- Manage risk based technical assurance and compliance approval to ensure the project is delivered safely and within the policies and standards.
- Manage RFIs
- Track design progress to ensure that fully compliant design is produced
- Undertake delegated Project Supervisor duties under NEC3 ECC terms, by ensuring that self-assurance requirements are discharged by the project supply chain.
- Work with third parties and interface with relevant teams to understand and incorporate their design requirements in order to assist in the production of a viable project plan.
- Provide and update project documentation in line with HS2 policies and standards, to ensure required documentation is provided to support project delivery.
- Liaise with Enabling Works Contractor and the Main Works Contractor to ensure they provide accredited assurance for works and services for which they have been appointed.
- Report regularly and communicate progress and potential issues and recommendations to the project team in an effective and appropriate manner and effectively liaise with interfacing project teams to support operations and the successful delivery of the project.
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work. Support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Engineering degree or equivalent coupled with Chartered Engineer status and membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the CDM Regulation (2015) and other pertinent Health and Safety legislation.
- Demonstrable technical competence in the design and construction supervision including Rail-works, Utilities, MEP, tunnelling, reinforced concrete
- Proven track record in design and design on major projects including budget and time management
- Ideally experience with regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders.
- Sound CDM understanding
- Understands and applies engineering practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts across a wide range of engineering disciplines.
- Significant track record of providing professional and technical advice, guidance and support on major project engineering issues.
- Ability to deliver work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Interpersonal skills to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders. Able to demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with non-technical and technical stakeholders.