£400 - £450 per day
Rail Technical Team
8 months ago
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Engineer to work in the Traction Power team.
The desired candidate will need to combine technical expertise as a Distribution Engineer and be able to take over Designated Project Engineer/Engineering Management duties for a Traction Power or OLE Upgrade project. Equally, a strong candidates with either a broad railway engineering experience at a Senior level (on projects with direct responsibility of engineering complexity circa of £25M +) or a Traction Power Technical Expert (at Principal Engineer level) will be most suitable.
To manage the use of appropriate engineering standards in relation to design and construction, on all projects within the national programme and check whether they comply with legislation, Railway Group and Network Rail company standards. To monitor whether suitably qualified and experienced staff are employed to control engineering aspects of all projects within the functional discipline.
1. Implement Network Rail systems and procedures to deliver a cost effective, high quality and safe approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects. Review all relevant legislation and liaise with relevant governmental departments.
2. Monitor the competence of all Project Engineers working on projects within the functional discipline and provide functional guidance, direction and briefing.
3. Apply engineering controls and procedures to all projects and check whether all design and construction contracts include reference to appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards applicable to their discipline.
4. Apply relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to all projects and check whether the environmental aspects of all projects are managed in accordance with Network Rail Environmental Policy.
5. Monitor all projects for compliance with Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards and Network Rail project control procedures.
6. Advise project and programme management in respect of all construction activities, testing and commissioning, and site supervision. Monitor whether the design and construction elements meet the requirements of legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
7. Assure whether contractors' design, construction and specialist personnel are competent.
8. Undertake reviews of design and construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors to monitor whether safety and quality of design, construction testing and commissioning and management systems are adequate.
9. Undertake the duties of nominated design and construction / design construction engineer.
10. Undertake accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Significant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas
* Technical qualifications to at least HND level or equivalent
* Experience with a traction power firm
* Traction power 25kv for project delivery experience
* Experience of rail systems
* Membership of a relevant professional institution
* Experience of major contracting
* Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects
* Knowledge of safety management and quality assurance
* Understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of works
* Accident investigation experience
* Six Sigma Yellow Belt
* Chartered status or equivalent in the particular discipline
* Appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works
If you are looking for your next opportunity, please send your CV