£550.00 - £600.00 per day
8 months ago
Senior Project Engineer (Systems)
Review &/or produce various project level System Safety documentation in compliance with applicable Regulations and Standards. e.g. System Definition, System Safety Plan, Hazard record, Safety Justification Report, etc.
* Implement our clients systems and procedures to deliver a cost effective, high quality and safe approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects. Review all relevant legislation and liaise with relevant governmental departments.
* Monitor the competence of all Project Engineers working on projects within the functional discipline and provide functional guidance, direction and briefing.
* Apply engineering controls and procedures to all projects and check whether all design and construction contracts include reference to appropriate Railway Group and our clients standards applicable to their discipline.
* Apply relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to all projects and check whether the environmental aspects of all projects are managed in accordance with our clients Environmental Policy.
* Advise project and programme management in respect of all construction activities, testing and commissioning, and site supervision. Monitor whether the design and construction elements meet the requirements of legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
* Assure whether contractors' design, construction and specialist personnel are competent.
* Undertake reviews of design and construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors to monitor whether safety and quality of design, construction testing and commissioning and management systems are adequate.
* Undertake the duties of nominated design and construction / design construction engineer.
* Undertake accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
* Significant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas
* Technical qualifications to at least HND level or equivalent
* Membership of a relevant professional institution
* Experience of major contracting
* Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects
* Knowledge of safety management and quality assurance
* Understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of works
* Accident investigation experience
* Six Sigma Yellow Belt
* Chartered status or equivalent in the particular discipline
* Appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works