£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + benefits
7 months ago
Our Lancashire based client are a large manufacturer and bespoke projects business who have a long and prestigious history.
* Manage the tendering process and maintain the required deadlines
* Assist the Project Manager in generating project programmes
* Support risk management activity.
* Direct the work of on-site refractory and structural installation contractors.
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Project/Design Engineer within the Refractory and Structures area of Architectural Engineering which will report to the Section Head - Refractory and Structures. The role will be based at in Lancashire, but willingness to travel frequently and sometimes for long periods is essential, with a particularly need for "on-site" management during the installation and commissioning phases of the project.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in an engineering/technical discipline, and will have a good knowledge of glass manufacturing processes. They will have proven design management skills, knowledge and understanding of furnace design principles, be pro-active and able to work on their own initiative, ready to identify problems and quickly report them/provide solutions. They will also be a driven individual with a continual desire to improve the performance of themselves and the team. Alongside this, the successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills and team-working skills with the proven ability to tightly manage suppliers and site installation contractors.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
* Ensure the delivery of specifications, estimates, designs and design programmes
* Ensure designs are assessed against health, safety and environmental activities
* Undertake and/or support Design Stage Risk Assessments and ensure design solutions are aligned to local legislation
* Lead the design team throughout the design and procurement phases of the project
* Manage costs in accordance with the project budgets and procedures
Interested? Please send your CV or call 0161 707 1516