6 months ago
Senior Project Engineer- Immediate start. Based at HO - local site visits to Capenhurst / Chapplecross etc. Odd overnight stay.
To support and deputise for the NSG Project Managers in the delivery of projects in full compliance with the pre-determined standards of safety, quality, environmental and security and the conditions of contract.
* Input to the Project Management Plan and other strategy and high level control documentation.
* Undertake studies and develop solutions to deliver the projects end point requirements.
* Prepare documentation to support project delivery, to include:
* Liaise with sub-contractors and suppliers to identify services, plant and equipment required in support of the project.
* Liaise with procurement to ensure that all services, plant and equipment are procured in accordance with the company procedures.
* Management of sub-contractors for delivery of services, plant and equipment required in support of the project.
* Management of project documentation.
* Management of project engineers, operatives and technicians in support of project delivery.
* Ensure and promote effective communication and working between disciplines to support the overall delivery of the project objectives.
* Project Managers delegate for the following activities:
Management of all activities in accordance with the NSG QSHEW Management System and best practice.
Provision of information and management of the project programme.
Provision of information and management of all project costs.
Identification, communication and management of project risks and opportunities.
Stakeholder liaison and management.
Sub-contract and supplier management and expediting.
Compile monthly project status reports and present as necessary.
Leading and managing project safety performance.
Liaison with other NSG managers to ensure resource availability and effective utilisation.
* Ensure personal, professional, technical and engineering competency through continuing professional development
* Understand the technical aspects of a project and develop design and engineering solutions with our in house specialists or supply chain support as necessary.
* Consolidation and collation of design and engineering documentation for internal approvals and presentation to the client as necessary.
* Be aware of Company business plan and to promote NSG to ensure continuity of business within the context of that plan.
* Contribute to the development of business and success of current projects by the internal referral and communication of appropriate information and intelligence.
* Recognise the potential impact of own actions for the Group, Company, clients and suppliers and act in appreciation of this at all times.
* Maintain effective working relationships across all Group, Company, Site and Function Heads.
* Promulgate and promote the Company's reputation, expertise and capability through attendance, contribution and submission to media articles, exhibitions, professional institutions, client meetings, external events, inward visits, and through professional bodies / colleagues etc.
* Provide appropriate response to client or internal colleague enquiry and ensure completion of all necessary documentation as required by the NSG QSHEW Management System.
* Support tender and contract reviews through the provision of relevant and informed technical or commercial information as necessary.
* Ability to act as bid manager as and when required.