6 months ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client in the Nuclear Sector who have a requirement for a Senior Project Engineer on a permanent basis. This role will be based at our client's Gloucester offices with travel as and when required to their site operations in North Wales.
* Work with the Lead Engineering Manager - Nuclear Island to manage the integrated engineering delivery, approval or acceptance of technical deliverables for a number of complex of systems within a delivery area (Nuclear Island facilities in accordance with the required schedule and budget.
* Interface with the other stakeholders in the Engineering Management Team as per the Interface Management Plan and support the activities of the Cross-Functional Project Engineers.
* Ensure Requirements (specified by the DA) and design information requirements are communicated to the Designer.
* Monitor compliance of the Designer with Company Design Management Procedures. Monitor compliance of Designer with its own Procedures. Agree recovery plans to resolve any non-compliance. [Note: This activity to be coordinated with Company Supply Chain Oversight team].
* Support the Lead Engineering Manager - Nuclear Island where required to manage the overarching Engineering resources required for the design review, approval or acceptance of Nuclear Island allocated Systems.
* Support the Lead Engineering Manager - Nuclear Island to establish, maintain and communicate the Nuclear Island engineering design, approval and acceptance schedule and budget within the constraints agreed with the business. Monitor performance and develop recovery or mitigation plans where there are variances.
* Support value engineering activities in accordance with targets set by the business.
* Identify and maintain a schedule of Company Design Decisions. Ensure timely submission of information to support Design Decisions.
* Monitor and oversee the engineering deliverables received from the supply chain for a group of systems within the Nuclear Island facilities, managing the distribution, review and acceptance process.
* Monitor quality and non-compliance with Requirements set by the Design Authority. Develop and agree recovery plans to resolve non-compliances or seek changes to Requirements from the Design Authority.
* Chair Design Progress Meetings.
* Definition and management of required inputs and resources to ensure delivery.
* Monitor and manage performance of Supply Chain (where required) delivery of required outputs in the Nuclear Island facilities and systems.
* Provide or manage input into the Quality Plan and Project Execution Plan where required by the Lead Engineering Manager - Nuclear Island.
* Ensure engineering design risks are identified, management plans agreed and implemented. Monitor and report on delivery.
* Support Configuration management and design change control through enabling and utilising the Configuration management team processes.
* Reporting on all activities as required by the business, TOU and EMT.
* Support the LEM in providing line management and general support to the Project Engineer - Nuclear Island.
* Support the LEM - Nuclear Island, as a core member of the Engineering Management Team, in the delivery of business plan related targets and undertake specific roles within the Horizon Management System when so required.
* A relevant degree in an engineering, science or related subject.
* Chartered professional, or corporate membership of a relevant professional body/institution.
* Proven track record supporting delivery of complex construction projects, multi component and multi-disciplinary ideally delivered in nuclear.
* Extensive experience of critically reviewing and appraising engineering documentation/specifications within a complex programme environment.
* Extensive experience of managing significant and complex supply chains with clear evidence of influencing delivery and driving value.
* Extensive experience of engineering management of a workstream, project or delivery area in an engineering / construction environment.
* Experience of construction practices within the UK industry, and a strong understanding of UK H&S Regulations, CDM Regulations, Quality and Environmental Control, Risk and Contract Management.
* Ability to work with a programmatic focus (with a demonstrable project management competence), yet still be able to challenge others from a quality and technical perspective.
* An understanding of planning and environmental issues and activities associated with large scale infrastructure development and construction.