South Ayrshire, Scotland
£60000 - £68000 per annum + car allowance/bonus
5 months ago
Our client are a leading brand who produce high quality goods within the food and beverages sector. They are a COMAH site and as such, operate within a hazardous environment due to chemicals and flammable material used and present on site as part of the production process.
They are looking to recruit a Senior Project Engineer (aka Project Engineering Manager) with a background in process engineering/chemicals who also has excellent team management skills and can communicate effectively at all levels to drive continuous improvements across a 5 year capital plan and lead a team of multi-disciplined engineers.
* To develop and/or deliver Capital & Special Revenue projects to increase site capabilities and improve process efficiencies within the a specific production site.
* Assist the Projects Director/Head of Engineering / Strategic Projects Leader in developing the five year capital plan by identifying appropriate process or equipment improvement opportunities and drive delivery of sanctioned activity.
* Develop innovative methods of adding significant value to the business through a close working relationship with Operational Leadership on site(s).
* Lead multi-discipline engineering design development and/or delivery covering process, chemical, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation disciplines.
* Lead design development and/or delivery teams to ensure the business leading edge of technology advances
* Lead the delivery of assigned Capital & Special Revenue projects within the agreed scope / budget / time-frame / HSE measures, to meet the sanctioned business case and ensuring a strong interface with key Operational stakeholders throughout the project development / delivery cycle.
* Lead project procurement and commercial activities including equipment and service scoping, tender process, contract negotiations, contract award and variations to ensure WGSD obtain the best value, most effective solution.
* Ensure all project activities in accordance with agreed company policies, processes and procedures.
* Lead continual development process for Project Engineers/Project Support Engineers/Graduates to ensure continual improvement of core competencies within the team and incrementally progress engineering and projects capability.
* Deputise for the Head of Engineering / Strategic Projects Leader, where appropriate.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
* Degree in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry
* Project Management Qualification (APMQ preferred equivalent to IPMA Level C)
* Demonstrable track record in an engineering design / project delivery discipline of at least 8 years
* High level knowledge and practise in engineering design standards
* Significant experience in using structured Project Management Methodologies
* Knowledge of current health and safety/environmental requirements
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
* Chartered Engineer or Registered Project Professional
* Significant experience of Leading Teams (internal and/or external)
* Innovative individual who is able to influence others whilst having the resilience to pursue issues
* Ability to achieve targets under pressure whilst managing conflicting priorities.
* Can demonstrate successfully the use of problem-solving techniques with an excellent attention to detail is essential.
Candidates will ideally be a degree qualified chemical/process engineer, although those who are qualified in a related subject with close experience gained from working on a COMAH site or around manufacturing and production processes associated with hazardous chemicals will also be considered.
Interested? Please send your CV to Ben Pascall on or call 07890 609 653