Up to £0.00 per annum
11 days ago
JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE
Job ID: Senior Project Accountant - York
Job Family: Finance
Organisation: Rail Automation
Mode of Employment: Permanent
Location: York (5% travel - may require visits to project sites)
What are my responsibilities?
Reporting to the York Regional Finance Manager you will be responsible for:
1. Project Mobilisation
a. Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, creating the baseline budget, Project Delivery Report (PDR) and Contract Forecast Report (CFR) and full set up in the SAP system.
2. Project Forecasting and Reporting
a. Report project actual and forecast spend to support Work Package Managers (WPM) and the Project Manager (PM) in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets.
b. Analyse new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity. Review and, if necessary, challenge with both WPM and PM before finalising.
c. Ensuring all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, completing tender templates when necessary to determine budgeted cost.
d. Maintain for each project the P&L, balance sheet, order book and cashflow on behalf of the PM
e. Working with other parts of the project team as necessary e.g. Commercial function, prepare project reporting to the client where required
f. If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure all project audit requirements are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
3. Functional Reporting and Forecasting
a. Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate, and are understood and approved, where necessary, by the PM and Senior Manager, Finance.
b. Provide meaningful supporting commentary where required or necessary
c. Act as the independent conscience of the project ensuring the integrity of the financial status and forecast, escalating issues or concerns where necessary.
4. Month End
a. Calculate and review project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials and major subcontractors.
b. Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position
c. Provide commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary
5. Accounts Receivable
a. Manage or support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates and invoices, including all postings to the ledger.
b. Actively monitor the payment cycle ensuring any required actions are taken to maximize the cash position, chasing payments with supplier where necessary
c. On Target Cost/Cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval and payment of all actual costs claimed.
6. RFM cover
a. Support the Regional Finance Manager with regional reporting including the Regional P&L report, RIC reporting and overhead cost reporting
7. Other Responsibilities
a. Management of Finance Assistant and providing guidance to other Project Accountants in the team
b. Maintenance of the project and CBS within the SAP System.
c. Compliance with all Group accounting policies, but in particular with the long term contract accounting policy.
Measures for success
1. Senior Project Accountant seen as a key partner and team player by Project Manager, Commercial Manager and Finance Team.
2. All budgets and forecasts, together with key risks, issues and opportunities, are owned, approved and understood by all appropriate parties
3. All submissions are accurate, robust and on time
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Ideally Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA) - potentially consider exam finalists
* Minimum 2-3 years accountancy experience
* Strong Mathematically
* Advanced Excel skills
* Strong communicator with the ability to challenge and influence others
* Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both Finance staff other project functions
* The ability to analyse and use data to add value to a process or activity
* Be prepared to travel if required, occasional travel to project sites
* Relevant Contract accountant experience
* Recent Management experience
IF INTERESTED PLEASE GET IN TOUCH ASAP.