5 months ago
Job Title: Senior Project Accountant
Duration: 2 years working on a specific project.
Hours: 37 per week
Pay rate: On application
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Project Accountant to join our client's Design and Build business area working within their Airports Projects team. Working on a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, Airports works with a number of key clients domestically. They are based at a number of sites in the UK and overseas. The business continues to win new work and grow at a significant pace, as a result we are recruiting for talented, enthusiastic and driven people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To produce Customer Facing reporting for Application of Payment and month by month lifetime forecast. Preparing month by month variance analysis with commentary together with the Project Manager ahead of the Customer deadlines
- Attend monthly Commercial meetings with the Customers providing financial support for the Project Managers.
- Enhance and develop Customer facing reporting
- Detailed internal review with the Project Management Team of the budget actual position of the project from Customer Facing and Internal view, ensuring accuracy of all formulas.
- To produce meaningful and accurate financial reports to show contract performance in order to clearly explain variances from budget, previous forecasts & estimates to complete.
- To assist the project managers in their understanding of the financial issues so they are equipped to foresee financial risks before they arise and put in place adequate mitigation.
- To support the Project Managers during the monthly contracts reviews with Senior Management team.
Skills and Experience
- Advanced excel and data manipulation skills (pivot tables, If error formulas, look up formula, nested If statements, data tables) with the ability to pick up new platforms quickly
- Previous Project Accounting experience
- Either a qualified Accountant, ACCA/CIMA, or time served QBE
- Full airside pass or the ability to obtain one
- Extensive knowledge of Airline/Handler baggage operational processes
- Extensive knowledge of cross Heathrow baggage operations and maintenance processes and procedures