11 months ago
Our client are a world leading business who have a great heritage and pride themselves both on their reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for their people. Here is your chance to become part of the success story.
We are looking for a talented Senior Project Accountant to join their UK team based at our their site in the South West of England. Your main activities will include:
As Senior Project Accountant you will provide financial control and performance measurement on specific existing contracts and to provide a platform consolidation and reporting function for the whole team.
Your main activities will include, but not be limited to:
* Provide financial leadership, advice to the programme managers and relevant "functional" managers involved in all the contracts under your responsibility and financial control.
* Ensure correct application of financial strategy, policy and relevant accounting standards, on specific contracts under your ownership.
* Prepare monthly contract reporting as required to complete the management accounts and senior leadership management information reporting.
* Support external and internal audit requirements
* Review and manage the timely delivery of major long term contract forecast costs to complete under your responsibility, ensuring accuracy and robust forecast costs to complete and outturn profitability, with clear understanding of risk register, opportunities and dependencies.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Professionally qualified accountant with 3 years significant PQE
* Good business acumen
* Willingness and drive to see through change
* Motivator both self and others
* Team player, who can both lead and support as circumstances require, in cross functional (matrix) organisation
* Analytical problem solver
* SAP and Business Intelligence knowledge a significant advantage
* Good Excel skills essential
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
For an in depth discussion regarding this position please call Brent Slocombe on 0117 9334590