Bury, Greater Manchester
£35000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
30 days ago
Job Title: Senior Production Planner
Location: Lancashire/ Greater Manchester
Currently working with a client who area a leader within their field, specifically within heavy engineering and OEM markets, who require a Senior Production Planner. This is an existing role and a pivotal position for the business. The role will be responsible for managing a the production plan in terms of design and implementation, covering both strategic and day to day planning management, whilst effectively communicating with various internal stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of planning. The business is also keen to develop continuous improvement and want for the role holder to champion this within the supply chain structure, helping to deliver process change and ultimate encourage greater efficiency's.
- Scheduling of work orders and creating routines & schedules for each workshop maintenance team.
- Ensure that all required work instructions & supporting information is provided with the project pack to each workshop.
- Ensure that required spare parts and materials are ordered.
- Ensure spare part availability for scheduled work
- Arrange and agree with production use of external support contractors.
- Production packs and document preparation for machining, repairs coating, scheduled & reconditioning maintenance work at required.
- Internal and external resource planning and coordination according to plans
- Communication with the operations & production personnel to synchronise maintenance schedules to production plan
- Request quotations for materials & external labour suppliers
- Creation of purchase request of required external labour.
- Follow and respect all HSE rules and policies implemented.
- Notify persons at site of HSE violations and report any HSE incidents or potential hazards to solid line manager, when ever noticed or required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Formal qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
- Preferably 5-years working experience of relevant workshop discipline
- Good Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Workshop project estimating & planning.
- Understanding of paper making or similar process ideally
- Good English language skills, spoken and written
- Safety and environmental orientated
- Commitment and flexibility
- Team work capabilities
- Analytical and systematic way of working
- Good communication skills internally and externally
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.