Up to £73.46 per hour
5 days ago
Senior Product Safety Engineer
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Location: Broad Oak, Portsmouth
Pay rate: £73.46 Ltd per hour
To act as a Senior Product Safety Engineer on a designated project overseeing Safety Engineering activities detailed in the projects Safety and Environmental Management Plan (SEMP), business & corporate requirements, customer specifications, Military Standards and Regulations throughout all phases of the Product's life, including disposal. Applying engineering and product safety principles and techniques in order to optimise all aspects of safety.
* Provide credible advice and guidance to the project team on product safety, product
environmental, COSHH and other occupational safety issues, ensuring that safety and
environmental considerations are an integral part of the design process and taking cognisance of the whole product lifecycle.
* Prepare, maintain and manage the implementation of Project SEMPs to ensure that Product
Safety can be managed in a cost-effective manner.
* Cultivate the Safety Argument for all products and services delivered by the project, employing all required facets of the Product Safety Lifecycle as defined in the project SEMP and in accordance with the Maritime Services Product Safety Policy.
* Ensure that the standards of Product Safety defined by statutory, business and customer
requirements, are observed in the design of the Product(s) produced by, or resulting from the project. (e.g. JSP430, JSP520, Def Stan 00-056).
* Have significant knowledge of the complete Engineering Lifecycle with demonstrable proven ability of operating in most phases.
* Have a demonstrable track record of managing and delivering Product Safety tasks.
* Hold acknowledged competency in the specialised field of Product Safety Engineering, confirmed by competence assessment.
* Demonstrate significant knowledge and experience of working within a Product Safety
Management System (PSMS). Some knowledge of creating, improving or tailoring a PSMS.
* Have significant knowledge of the whole Product Safety lifecycle, notably proven ability in:
o The preparation of any necessary Product Safety arguments (Safety Justification Papers, Safety Cases etc.);
o Hazard Management (PHI, PHL, PHA, HAZID, Hazard Log);
o The use of engineering tools to underpin a safety argument, including Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Event Tree Analysis (ETA) and SWIFT (Structured What IF Techniques).
o Assembly of a Product Safety Case or Justification to support relevant stages of the product lifecycle;
* Hold significant/relevant knowledge of applicable legislation and standards (e.g. HASAW, JSP430,COSHH)
* Be PC literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint and
WE SEEK A SENIOR PRODUCT SAFETY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)