Manchester, Greater Manchester, N. W. England, England
9 months ago
Job Title: Senior Procurement Manager
Location: Multiple Locations, either Manchester or Leeds
Salary: Up to £65k+package
Duration: 12 month FTC
Currently representing a renowned organisation within the Construction and Infrastructure market, with a fantastic reputation for its Procurement Function, who require a Senior Procurement Manager on a 12 month FTC. This a great role, managing a small team of procurement professionals, to manage the full procurement life cycle on a number of pivotal projects across the North of England.
The role will require the successful candidate to have a proven track record at a Procurement Manager and above level, experience of leading and delivering procurement strategies across complex projects. In particular, stake holder engagement will be a key priority, managing various parties both internally and externally to ensure the effective and successful completion of two major projects.
- Managing the delivery of procurement resources to a commercial delivery team, setting individual and team objectives and managing performance in order to deliver the best outcomes for the project
- Planning and managing resources and capability to ensure that there are sufficient staff with the correct skills and capabilities to meet the demand for procurement support to deliver the requirements of the project
- Ensuring that all aspects of the procurement cycle, including stakeholder engagement, market analysis, supplier selection and contract preparation are planned and managed in consultation with the Head of Commercial Delivery to meet the project delivery time lines
- Working closely with senior stakeholders in order to address and analyse the needs of the business and come up with effective solutions and plans to enable projects and programmes to have a consistent approach
- Building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support delivery
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- You will be a seasoned Procurement professional with demonstrable experience of delivering complex public sector sourcing programmes (e.g. procurement & evaluation strategies, contract drafting)
- You will have an excellent understanding of the Procurement life-cycle supported by knowledge of public procurement regulation
- You will have a strong understanding of governance and legislation surrounding procurement both externally and internally
- You will have proven experience of managing and developing high performing teams
- You will have excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- You will be CIPS qualified, or working towards, or hold a relevant equivalent
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.