Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £65000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Title: Senior Procurement Manager (12-month FTC)
Salary: £60,000 - 65,000
As a Senior Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for leading a small team of procurement professionals to deliver sourcing strategies and contract awards for some of our largest infrastructure projects - including the A66 Northern Trans-Pennine Routes, awarding over £1bn of NEC contracts using latest procurement thinking to ensure projects deliver value led objectives.
This is an integral role that will see you developing creative strategic sourcing plans and strategies that drive value. The successful candidate will work closely with both the Major Projects Delivery Team and the Commercial Delivery Team across a matrix management structure including setting individual and team objectives and managing performance to deliver the best outcomes for the project. You will also work with the Head of Procurement to develop both project and company-wide continuous improvement in procurement practice.
The role requires a proven Procurement Manager with demonstrable experience of developing & delivering procurement strategies, who is familiar with complex sourcing in an Infrastructure environment. In this role you also will be working closely with senior internal and external stakeholders including Government departments such as The Treasury therefore excellent stakeholder management skills are essential.
- Managing the delivery of procurement resources to a commercial delivery team, setting individual and team objectives and managing performance in order to deliver the best outcomes for the project
- Planning and managing resources and capability to ensure that there are sufficient staff with the correct skills and capabilities to meet the demand for procurement support to deliver the requirements of the project
- Ensuring that all aspects of the procurement cycle, including stakeholder engagement, market analysis, supplier selection and contract preparation are planned and managed in consultation with the Head of Commercial Delivery to meet the project delivery timelines
- Working closely with senior stakeholders in order to address and analyse the needs of the business and come up with effective solutions and plans to enable projects and programmes to have a consistent approach
- You will be a seasoned Procurement professional with demonstrable experience of delivering complex public sector sourcing programmes (e.g. procurement & evaluation strategies, contract drafting)
- You will have an excellent understanding of the Procurement lifecycle supported by knowledge of public procurement regulation
- You will have a strong understanding of governance and legislation surrounding procurement both externally and internally
- You will have proven experience of managing and developing high performing teams
- You will have excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- You will be CIPS qualified, or working towards, or hold a relevant equivalent
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on / 01617-.071-.516