21 days ago
Senior Process Engineer, Contract, Bristol
To provide or deliver engineering conceptual and detailed design, drawings, modelling, calculations, and technical solutions in the delivery of customer funded tasks and projects. Work will be directed and supervised by the Technical Lead and/or Functional Lead for the relevant task or project. May act as a Technical Lead or Functional Lead themselves (dependent on task/project complexity) and hence may supervise Engineers and Designers.
* Working in accordance with the Being Cavendish Nuclear Principles.
* Ensuring that procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
* Producing, reviewing, verifying and approving calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design basis documentation and technical reports.
* Producing, reviewing, verifying and approving technical Scopes of Work, assessing tender returns, then checking/assessing and/or approving the outputs to ensure that the requirements of the design contract are met.
* Producing, reviewing, verifying and approving technical specifications, assessing tender returns and providing technical support to those packages throughout the design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and decommissioning phases of the project to ensure that the design intent is maintained.
* Ensuring that design consultants and sub-contractors deploy suitably qualified and experienced personnel.
* Ensuring that conventional HS&E protection requirements are embodied in designs.
* Assessing design changes.
* Assessing concessions and technical queries.
* Maintaining the engineering configuration, ensuring that the overall design intent and integrity is maintained throughout design development and subsequent changes.
* Feeding back lessons learnt for use on other projects.
* Raising quality plans for single discipline work packages.
* Presenting designs for hazard identification and HAZOP studies.
* Supporting estimates for bids.
* Supervising engineers/technical specialists within the same discipline.
* Ensuring that adequate Reviewing, Verifying & Approval is undertaken on all their deliverables and for those under their direct control and supervision.
* Ensuring adequate functional peer review/input to delivery.
* Demonstrable experience post degree qualification covering a range of engineering and/or technical topics including design, analysis, specification, safety case support, installation, commissioning, and supervision of staff/contractors. This would ideally be covering a variety of tasks or projects across a range of complexities.
* Nuclear industry or other safety or regulated industry preferred.
* Engineering or Science degree qualified preferred, or HND/HNC plus relevant nuclear engineering experience.
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or Scientist. Note that some science institutes may work to different "professional accreditation" models.
* Corporate member of one or more relevant professional institutions.