£20.00 - £35.00 per hour
9 months ago
Post Holders principle tasks and responsibilities are:
* Providing design support in appropriate Engineering Discipline.
* Executing duties in accordance with Company procedures for, training, health and safety, personnel, quality and project requirements.
* Preparing and checking design documentation as required.
* Authorising design documentation as directed by Supervisor.
* Preparing Design Reviews
* Representing Group and/or Department as directed by Supervisor.
* Management of design teams as assigned by Supervisor.
* Supervising, planning and controlling work to time, cost and quality.
* Providing professional engineering support to surface ship, submarine, commercial and equipment projects.
* Providing business development support across BABCOCK.
* Managing of Design teams involved in the preparation of Commercial tenders.
* Preparing design estimates and schedules.
* Preparing Technical Reviews in support of tender responses requiring design input.
* Acting as Project Design Manager responsible to Project Manager for Projects.
* Providing technical recommendations for selecting sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
* Providing liaison/management of technical aspects of work carried out by sub-contractors
* Liasing with Project to resolve Project issues.
* Liasing with Production to resolve manufacturing problems.
* Projects Managers - Project related issues (to include supporting Project Lead activities as appropriate).
* Design/Technical Managers - Design/Technical issues. Task orientated.
* Babcock, FNC, LSC sites.
* Subcontractors - Supply of equipment and services
* Production/Fabricators: to resolve technical queries.
* MoD Section Leaders, and Desk Officers - Customer communications. Task/Business orientated.
Post Holder is authorised to:
* Undertake the supervision, preparation and checking of design documentation.
* Represent the BABCOCK Design Authority when requested to do so.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
Academic: A minimum of a second class degree or comparable academic standard, in an appropriate discipline. To hold or be eligible for application to hold, Chartered Engineer status via an appropriate Institution.
Experience: Demonstrable evidence of having worked in the field of Mechanical/Marine Engineering design, analysis and technical management at an appropriate level.