Senior Principal Systems Engineer (x2)
Location: Crawley (hybrid working - home and on site)
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £65 - £74 per hour Umbrella
The successful Senior Principal Systems Engineers will work on large-scale communications projects. It will involve working on a challenging programmes to bring new technology to a major UK customer base. It will include the build, test and trials phases of the programme.
- Provide technical leadership for areas of the solution, manage a number of engineers to complete the system design aspect of the solution and to maintain the design baseline through to customer platform acceptance.
- Provide technical support to the IVVQ team during the system integration and acceptance phase of the programme.
- Conduct of technical investigations into both equipment level and system level anomalies, liaising with software and hardware engineers as required.
- Maintain the design and production baselines through to platform acceptance, including specifications, ICDs, cable data sheets, BOMs and certification documentation liaising with production, the DO and safety engineers as required.
- Provide work package estimates that balance quality, compliance and cost - subsequently discharge work packages to time, quality and cost.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Proven ability of leading a small team of engineers during the design and integration phase of a programme.
- Extensive knowledge in deriving and preparing system and sub-system specifications from customer requirements and to ensure that the requirements meet the needs of the customer.
- Ability to work as part of a team to generate a coherent set of specifications, interface documentation and estimates liaising with other functions and departments as required.
- Knowledge and proven ability of Systems Engineering lifecycle activities including PDR, CDR, PRR and TRR through the design and development phases into production, integration, verification, validation and acceptance.
- Knowledge and proven ability of Naval transverse characteristics and qualification activities including the operational environment (temperature, humidity, shock, vibration, EMC, TEMPEST), safety, security, human factors, ILS etc.
- Proven ability of working with customers, presenting technical solutions or chairing design reviews as required.
- A working level knowledge of Naval communications systems, equipment and infrastructure including management architectures and operational communications.
- A working level knowledge of Naval installation, commissioning and trials activities.
- Willingness to travel to both supplier and customer locations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).