2 months ago
Planning Engineer required to support Project Managers in the delivery of projects by providing a high level planning service for the preparation of project plans, producing baseline scheduled tasks, resource profiles and financial models.
The role involves but is not limited to the following;
* Prepare robust tender and contract programmes using the designated planning tool
* Fully resource programmes, produce resource histograms, resource level programmes, understand and communicate the effect on programme schedules to project team
* Include appropriate financial data in the programme to produce a project cost/time distribution profile and communicate the results to the project team
* Display and analyse the project Critical Path and advise the project team of the results and any appropriate corrective action
* Produce/maintain project baselines and execute the change control process as appropriate
* Correctly record project progress in the programme, reschedule programme to take effect of the progress data and communicate the results to the project team and advise of any appropriate corrective action
* Produce project reports/data directly from the planning software arranging the data to align with the company accounting software
* Understand and report on project using Earned Value Analysis techniques and interpret/communicate the results and any corrective action to the project team
* Produce programmes that satisfy contractual requirements
* All programmes and documentation to be produced to company practices and procedures
* Manage a portfolio of project programmes and supporting Planning Engineers/Junior Planning Engineers including supervision and checking of work to ensure that all work complies with company standards and procedures
* Act as mentor to Junior Planning members to assist in their personal development
Planning experience in a project based engineering environment using Primavera planning software is required as is project planning and change management for small/medium/large sized projects.
Candidates will have worked with Project Managers to deliver successfully packages of work on major multi-disciplined projects, supervised junior members of planning staff and worked in a tender planning environment.
HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.