£50000 - £60000 per annum
Rail Technical Team
4 months ago
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Planner to join their planning tean on a permanent basis.
This is supporting a portfolio of rail projects across the country.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Undertake line management duties & provide direction to designated project control staff as allocated by the Head of Project Controls or the Project Controls Manager.
* Assist with regular performance reviews and manage the PDR process for all direct reports including identification of specific training requirements and development needs.
* Assist in the development and mentoring of junior project control staff.
* Assist in the recruitment process for project control resources, including undertaking interviews & technical assessments.
* Lead with Level of Project Control (LOPC) Assessments for all projects to which you are assigned as Lead Planner and ensure they are documented in the Project Management Plan.
* Lead in the Implementation of the appropriate Risk Management approach for projects to which you are assigned as Lead Planner including the production and maintenance of risk registers.
* Complete project control checklists for all projects to which you are assigned as Lead Planner prior to tender settlement, proposed baseline submission and any subsequent re-baselines.
* Ensure appropriate scope management controls are in established and maintained for all projects to which you are assigned as Lead Planner.
* Ensure the appropriate Change Management approach for all projects to which you are assigned is in place, including the production and maintenance of programme change registers & ensure that all change events are captured within the current programme.
* Lead in the budget loading of all projects to which you are assigned as Lead Planner.
* Where the LOPC requires, assist the PCM with the Implementation of an appropriate Earned Value approach for all projects including production of Project Control Account Plan and periodic EV reports.
* Ensure compliance with PMS01_M001 & the Volker Rail Schedule Management Plan.
* Assist in the Production of project specific Schedule Management Plans as required for approval by the Head of Project Controls
* Produce periodic Schedule Adherence Reports for review by the Project Controls Manager
* Ensure all projects are archived in accordance with Project Control Guidance Note "Archiving P6 Programmes".
* Lead in the production of Possession Programmes, including facilitating integration workshops and ensuring compliance with NR QSRA requirements.
2.3.4 Project/Business Support
* Ensure all project control information is produced and available for project reviews
* Provide the project teams with programme information to allow them to make informed and timely decisions.
* Ensure that all projects are compliant with the requirements of RES/01/W09 Resource Allocation - Strategic Workforce Management.
* Ensure compliance with business specific document control requirements.
* Client/3rd Party Interfaces
* Ensure all 3rd party interfaces, assumptions and risk are identified and communicated accordingly.
* Agree and establish client and other stakeholder reporting requirements for all projects to which you are assigned as Lead Planner
* Ensure compliance with Delivering Work Within Possession (DWWP) standard for all projects to which you are assigned as Lead Planner
* Ensure all KPI requirements are met for all projects to which you are assigned. Assist in the Production and implementation of a plan that enables progressive improvement of all Programme Management KPI scores.
* Establish regular face to face meetings with client counterparts
* Review and where appropriate challenge subcontractor programmes. Ensure that a robust process for inclusion within VR programmes is established & maintained.
* Maintain a professional and courteous attitude toward clients in all circumstances and do not agree anything outside current contractual scope without agreement from the relevant Project Manager.
* Alert your Line Manager whenever you become aware of any issue that may affect the business in a safety, commercial, environmental or legal context.
COMPETENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Competent and proven experience of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & MS Project
Minimum 5 years' experience using Primavera P6 or similar planning package
5 Years' experience in project delivery or consultancy role
Expert working knowledge of:
* Schedule Management
Detailed working knowledge of:
* Cost Control
* Risk Management
* Change Control
* Baseline Management
* Operational Planning
* Construction Staging
* Earned Value Management
* Resource Management
* Claims & dispute management