Up to £50.00 per hour
4 months ago
Senior Planner required to work at BAE Systems Barrow and be responsible for the creation of the plans and identification of materials, incorporating lessons learnt, to support execution of the plans including preparation of estimates and the scheduling of work orders.
Play a key role in the resolution of material and scheduling issues that arise from various customer meetings in support of the programme.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
* Creation of plans to support the execution of projects.
* Feedback any ideas to enhance continuous improvement.
* Liaise with other areas of the business building sound customer relations.
* Support training, mentoring and guidance to lower grade members of the planning team. Demonstrate responsibility for own development.
* Prepare company reports required within the business.
* Play an active part within meetings as required by the role.
* Use appropriate software and toolsets required for the job role.
* Communicate effectively with the team and Planning management.
* Support Knowledge Capture within Planning and all relevant business areas applicable to their discipline/Area of responsibility.
* Support production of high level Project status information giving advice in all relevant business areas.
* Supporting Key major initiatives into the business and have active involvement in the Business Transaction activities.
* Support the Planning Management in implementing Planning process relating to their discipline.
* Support in conducting analysis and regular performance reviews and corrective action plans within the Planning process for their discipline responsibility.
* Supporting and maintaining the Project/IWT structure including maintenance of continual improvement of the process.
* To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules.
Candidates should be proficient users of modern planning systems, fully competent in understanding of the principles of a Planning Process. Skilled in the use of standard Microsoft packages with trade and or planning experience and developed communications skills.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.