Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
8 months ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Construction Manager based in Manchester, the candidate must have Signalling and infrastructure experience, Our Client supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Their customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities. The products and systems are used for automating the customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general. As a planner you will carry out project planning and control activities on designated projects. You will be a key member of the project team and support project managers in the successful planning and control of project delivery.
- Develop and maintain plans in accordance with project management, planning and PMs procedures and processes.
- Work closely with project, commercial and finance managers and members of the wider project team to ensure project schedules are accurately developed, maintained, resource and cost loaded.
- Work closely with site and possession planners to ensure cohesion between these different activities and the main project schedule.
- Work closely with the central Bids & Tendering team to ensure tender plans are developed through the mobilisation process into contract plans
- Build and maintain close working relationships with client representatives and work collaboratively to find the most efficient and effective planning and controls solutions.
- Perform critical path analysis and advise of possible actions and areas of concern.
- Ensure that the periodic project reporting requirements are met for both internal and client through the provision of key project metrics such as key performance indicators, earned value, schedule delay and critical path analysis reports as required.
- Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide risks, issues, cost, resource and delay analysis.
- Promote and improve planning and controls within the organisation.
- HND/HNC level qualifications or relative demonstrable experience.
- Experience of planning Signalling / infrastructure projects preferably in the rail industry.
- Experience of working with project management both internally and in the client organisation.
- Primavera Planning expertise with knowledge and use of other planning tool such as MS Project
- Self-motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills