Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
8 months ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Senior Planner Role, as senior member of the planning function you will lead the project planning and control function on either a major project or be responsible for a number of smaller projects. You will be a key member of the project delivery team and support senior project and programme managers in the successful planning and control of project delivery.
You will also be expected to support the overall business planning requirements of the organisation through the proper resourcing of plans under your control. As a Senior Planner you will utilise your experience and expertise to support improvement activities and ensure best practice is identified and implemented.
You will also help mentor and coach more junior planners within the planning team.
- Provide planning and controls leadership for the projects under your control
- Be the technical planning expert ensuring consistent application of standards and procedures, including templates and guidance and support to your programme/project team
- Work closely with project, commercial and finance managers and members of the wider project team to ensure project schedules are accurately developed, maintained, resource and cost loaded.
- Work closely with site and possession planners to ensure cohesion between these different activities and the main project schedule.
- Work closely with the central Bids & Tendering team to ensure tender plans are developed through the mobilisation process into contract plans
- Build and maintain close working relationships with client representatives and work collaboratively to find the most efficient and effective planning and controls solutions.
- Perform critical path analysis and advise of possible actions and areas of concern.
- Ensure that the periodic project reporting requirements are met for both internal and client through the provision of KPI, EV, schedule delay and critical path analysis reports as required.
- Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide risks, issues, cost, resource and delay analysis.
- Promote and improve planning and controls within the organisation.