Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£350.00 - £400.00 per annum
4 months ago
My client are a Tier 1 Contractor and operate within the New Build Construction sector and are looking for an experienced Planning Engineer with experience using ASTA Power Project and Primavera P6 on construction projects within residential and commercial environments. The Project itself is a New build Commercial office space in Newcastle city centre consisting of Retail units also, value c£30m and contract is ongoing for the right individual.
Job Overview Purpose
The Planner will be responsible for supporting the planning & controls function on tenders, projects or programmes of works (low to medium complexity)
The Planner will develop their experience in staff management, development, coaching and performance appraisal.
The Planner will develop, maintain and manage programmes, project controls and other time-related and production control deliverable, (sequence drawings, phasing diagrams, (BIM 4D would be advantageous), logistics and site management plans, S curves, milestone/key date trackers, resource histograms, plant schedules, etc.), with developing experience, skill and knowledge in producing these deliverable from first principles (volumetric, unit rates and benchmarks).
The Planner will be required to develop their communication skills regarding project planning and controls and performance measurement to key stakeholders, including: project and regional colleagues, professional team, the client and trades contractors, etc.
Early warnings, including exceptions reporting and mitigation proposals will all be key components of the role.
The Planner will be required to challenge live projects to ensure delivery is in line with all company, regional and project business objectives.
Develop an ability to innovate and drive planning and controls initiatives
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
* Support the company in meeting its objectives, e.g. 100% projects completed on time, etc.
* Demonstrate and apply the necessary values of the company: Honourable, Family, Enterprising, Engineering Excellence, and Responsibility
* Support all necessary project controls providing: status, trends, forecasts, early warnings and exceptions reporting-and contribute to mitigation measures to meet objectives
* To plan and utilise necessary planning software to a high standard e.g. Asta Powerproject/Teamplan (or Oracle Primavera P6, if required)
* Provide exemplary planning on tenders/projects as required and support staff/reports to meet their full potential
* Develop exemplary planning functional support to project colleagues
* Support business strategy, aims and objectives
* Customer focussed/recognition of Employers Requirements
* Detailed knowledge of planning techniques
* Detailed knowledge of construction methods and techniques
Detailed knowledge of planning software e.g: Asta power Project/Teamplan Oracle Primavera P6 (mainly Civils) TILOS Time Location Software (mainly Civils) Microsoft Project
* Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite
* Graduate Diploma/Degree in Construction or equivalent
* Graduate Diploma/Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Graduate Degree in another subject with substantial work experience and/ or trades background
* Relevant Construction Skills Certificate Card