8 months ago
Senior Personal Assistant
1. Provide a full range of high level PA, administrative and secretarial support, including managing a _bring-forward_ system, maintaining diaries, arranging meetings, and organising travel and accommodation.
2. Be the first point of contact for the Deputy Mayor, dealing with incoming enquiries in person, by telephone, email and post.
3. Keep abreast of the priorities and key work of the Deputy Mayor to understand when to deputise and delegate work to other key officers within the client and the clients group in their absence. Act as the co-ordinator for briefings for the Deputy Mayor
4. Maintain key lines of communication and working relationships with external stakeholders, senior managers, and other staff across the organisation to support the Deputy Mayor in their role.
5. Process, prioritise, circulate and respond as appropriate to incoming mail and email, including researching and drafting replies as required and progress chasing as appropriate.
6. Ensure that the Deputy Mayor is properly briefed on the agenda in advance of all meetings of the Authority and its related organisations as appropriate.
7. Contribute to the development of effective information systems to support the Deputy Mayor in fulfilling his/her roles.
8. Organise and maintain own systems for the storage and retrieval of information, file documents, arrange and/or undertake, as appropriate, document production services.
9. Support the Mayor's Office and deputise for colleagues where necessary, working flexibly to cover unpredictable workloads and staff absences.
10. Respond promptly on behalf of the Deputy Mayor to internal and external enquiries.
11. Provide support to the Mayoral Director/ Deputy Mayor across a range of working parties, consultative bodies and project teams.
12. Co-ordinate and where appropriate produce briefing papers, undertake research, draft documents and presentations as necessary to support the Mayoral Director/Deputy Mayor carry out their responsibilities.
13. Provide a full meeting secretariat service as required, for meetings hosted and or chaired by the Deputy Mayor/Mayoral Director.