Up to £55.00 per hour
6 months ago
Senior Oracle Developer (SC Cleared)
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £55.00 per hour
The role of Senior Oracle Developer is part of the Oracle Services Team and reports directly to the Oracle Services Team Leader.
You will work with a team of Oracle Developers, Testers, Analysts, Project Managers and Solution Managers throughout the software development life cycle, following Agile principles.
Your main purpose will be to develop technical solutions to support business processes within the organisation and to support updates to existing solutions.
This role will take responsibility for developing software against business requirements, both
functional and non-functional. You will also provide guidance to other team members and participate in continuous improvement for the development process.
Main Purpose of Role
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing Oracle based applications, working with SQL and Oracle PLSQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Apex and Formspider.
You should be confident at highlighting issues, providing estimates and delivering progress reports to project managers and your team leader.
You will work with the team and follow the established quality process and coding standards.
You will be joining an established team responsible for delivering Oracle services to meet customer requirements and departmental standards.
You will also be responsible for providing technical help/mentoring and product knowledge where needed to junior members of staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
To be successful in this role you need to have an analytical mind, natural fault finding ability, pay close attention to detail, with deep experience in software development.
You should be comfortable working with a range of people from the business including solutions analysts, developers, testers, project managers and product owners.
This section should state the required qualification needed. This should be in line with the TORR's and banding of the role. Required:
* Strong experience of Oracle SQL.
* Strong experience of Oracle PLSQL.
* Powershell/bash scripting.
* Experience with working with XML/JSON files
* Developing Oracle RESTful Web Services - ORDS.
* Strong understanding and exposure to Object Oriented practices and principles with IOC experience.
* Relational databases - strong Oracle Database skills.
* Knowledge and experience of software development life cycle and approaches.
* Knowledge and experience of Agile (scrum/Kanban) methodologies and practices.
* Bootstrap 4, CSS.
* Unit testing experience.
* Experience with TFS Azure DevOps 2019, Build and Release Pipelines.
* Knowledge of ERP systems (IFS)
* Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
* Microsoft SQL Server - T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
**This Role requires current SC Clearance in Place**
Interested? - Hit Apply