£300 - £330 per day
17 days ago
Looking for someone with Occupational Health strategy experience, covering off- clinics for occupational health, courses for managers, organising flu clinics, mental health strategy, analysis of sick absence with head of safety, everything occupational health, setting up surveys, themes of the month, fatigue management etc.
Need to be very well organised and someone who is committed.
Occupational health background and analysis- will be required to look at data.
1. Providing technical input to multiple research and improvement projects needed to deliver the occupational health and wellbeing strategy, including, but not limited to, those related to medical fitness-to-work requirements, drugs and alcohol, mental health, health promotion, health surveillance and management of occupational health hazards, working with other functional teams across STE and the wider Network Rail organisation where necessary
2. Leading the planning, implementation, monitoring and completion of projects related to the improvement of occupational health and wellbeing management within Network Rail where directed by the Head of Occupational Health and Wellbeing Strategy
3. Developing the technical content of Network Rail occupational health and wellbeing standards/policies, and issue-specific improvement frameworks where gaps are identified relating to, but not limited to, occupational health hazards, health surveillance, drugs and alcohol, and medical fitness-to-work requirements
4. Acting as the organisational technical expert for occupational health and wellbeing, including supporting the identification of potential future strategy agenda items, occupational health hazards, changes in legislation or other business risk/opportunity
5. Providing expert technical advice and guidance on the medical aspects of occupational health, wellbeing and safety across Network Rail
6. Providing technical guidance on the content for interpretation of, and support for on-going organisational visibility of occupational health and wellbeing-related data and performance metrics so that organisational performance can be measured and improvement plans embedded
7. Support the specification and delivery of necessary occupational health and wellbeing services from third-party providers to deliver the organisation's occupational health and wellbeing requirements and challenging them to continuously improve, innovate and deliver world-class services to Network Rail managers and employees
8. Lead the technical input to the occupational health elements of Network Rail's Health and Safety Management Systems, including all occupational health and wellbeing specifications, guidance and processes.
Currently there is no wellbeing strategy in place at all so the succesful person will be setting everything up.
* Proven experience / expertise in occupational health, safety and wellbeing working for a large multi-discipline organisation in a senior position.
Registered General Nurse (RGN), or a relevant Occupational Health and Wellbeing undergraduate or master's Degree
* Relevant experience in the railway or construction industries
* Corporate member of IOSH
* Proven experience of ability to develop, implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously