about 1 year ago
Senior Nuclear Island Systems Engineer, Contract , Gloucester
The Senior Nuclear Island Systems Engineer will support the Lead Systems & Structures Engineer in providing technical input, control and oversight of the design (including modifications and concessions) and perform review and acceptance of Systems aspects of the UK ABWR. The Post holder will deliver advice on the Nuclear Island Systems within their defined scope of the plant.
- Support the Lead Systems & Structures Engineer, as a core member of the Design Authority Team, in the delivery of business plan related targets and undertake specific roles within the Management System when so required.
- Deliver advice in technical areas associated with the Nuclear Island Systems.
- Support the Lead Systems & Structures Engineer with review activities for high significance design changes (i.e. Category 1 or 2 Design Changes) providing a recommendation to the Decision Panel as to whether to accept or reject the change.
- Support the Lead Systems & Structures Engineer when engaging with members of the DA on low significance design changes (i.e. Category 3 or 4) reporting any categorisation or process-related discrepancies to the Decision Panel.
- Support the Lead Systems & Structures Engineer in the review of Major concessions providing a recommendation to the appropriate DA Head of Section as to whether to grant or reject the concession.
- Provide support to the Licensing team in accordance with agreed project programmes to ensure that licensing requirements are met.
- Provide support to UK SMEs working in the technical areas associated with the assigned systems and components.
- Provide support for work undertaken within the Systems & Structures team.
- Act as Intelligent Customer for Nuclear Island Systems support services provided by others (including Responsible Designers for highly specialised design knowledge).
- Support the Lead Systems & Structures Engineer when engaging with the regulators, supply chain
- Understand the research and development on which the Systems & Structures design is based and review the implications of operating experience on the design.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- The Post Holder will possess a degree or equivalent qualification in a suitable engineering or science subject.
- The Post Holder will be a Chartered Engineer or Scientist, or have the qualifications and experience to achieve that status.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- They will have previous experience of the review and acceptance/adoption of reactor designs and safety cases.
- They will have experience of interfacing with Nuclear Regulators on design issues related to Systems & Structures plant to achieve significant agreed business outcomes.
- They will demonstrate considerable knowledge and understanding across a broad range of nuclear steam supply system and component design and safety issues.
- They will be able to demonstrate leadership ability to build and develop organisational capability with the function and team. Inspiring and ensuring a high performing team of professionals.